Saturday, December 8, 2012

I've been thinking..,

And I think that could potentially be kind of a scary thing!! (lol)

I sell Scentsy, and I would love to be able to start doing craft shows, or stuff like that, but with there being AT LEAST 50 consultants in a 45 mile radius of where I live, it's hard to get an event booked with Scentsy..

So I was talking to my husband about it, and he said, "Why not get enough crochet stock up & start doing them like that?" I thought about it & yeah, sounds like a good idea!


My problem, is the only thing I can do well are hats, I think people would want to see more selection of things to buy other than hats!

I absolutely love the ripple afghan I am working on for my dad's Christmas gift, I love how easy it is to do (once I figured out how to correctly do the hills & valley's of it) so I have come up with a bunch of color combinations for different ripples to do!! If I can just get on the ball & get them done - then I'll be happy :)

I have random color combinations, as well as shades of the same color, (i.e. shades of purple, shades of brown, etc!)

I think the next one I will try to do will be a green, black & white one, since those are the school colors here & then give it to the Junior Class to raffle off at the courtwarming game. They are the ones who have to do prom, pay for it, and all that stuff, and I figure since  my brother is a Junior, why not help them out!! This might be an easy way to do it!!

So yeah, I think I'll try to get up enough stock & stuff to be able to start doing craft shows. My husband said he could watch the boys, and if I find any to do while the baby is still small, then I could just take her with me.

I will leave you with a question; Do you have any favorite color combinations?

2 comments:

  1. Do you make toys or any smaller items, too? I find there is a need for a variety of items at these fairs and having some small stock items can help attract and make sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make ami's occasionally. Or I have before. I've done a TON of keychains - and they're pretty quick & easy to throw together :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I hope you come back again soon to read more about my adventures in crocheting :)