Saturday, January 26, 2013

Afghan #1 complete.

I guess you could say I was a "bad daughter" and I didn't get my dad's afghan complete by Christmas.. BUT I finally finished it on January 24th. I had ran out of the yarn that he wanted it done in so I had to wait until I went to the walmart in the town that my doctors appointments are in to get more. Our walmart here in town is absolutely TINY (not even a super center) and they don't have the greatest yarn selection!

Here is the finished product..



I will have to be honest & say that I wasn't 100% happy with how it turned out. There were a few reasons.

  1. It had to be to where the ripples were side to side instead of up & down. I made the starting chain WAY too long, and that just made me mad & by the time I realized, Oh My - This is going to be way too wide for an afghan, I was too far in to take it all apart. 
  2. I should have done 1 row of Orange in the middle. 
  3. It just didn't turn out nearly as wide as I'd have liked. Because of having to quit it early due to not being able to get the yarn. I took 2 1/2 months on this & that was about a month too long!!
Thankfully, my dad seemed to like it so that's a good thing!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I hope you come back again soon to read more about my adventures in crocheting :)