Saturday, April 6, 2013

Our little Easter Egg!!

Rosalie Claire

I was scheduled for induction on April 1, 2013.

Big Mister & I took the Little Misters to my parents house Sunday morning & were planning to go out for breakfast for our anniversary then head on out to my Grammie's so I could do laundry & so I could start on getting dinner ready for Easter while they were in church. As I was getting ready to leave my parents, Little Mister 2 came up to me & wanted a hug, so I went to pick him up like I normally would to hug him & felt a little leakage of something. I wasn't sure if it was my water breaking or if baby had laid on my bladder wrong (it wouldn't have been the first time!), so I went to their restroom to use the restroom & it continued once I was done & would move. I hollered for my mom & had her get me a pad, so I could keep clean if it kept happening. I informed her of what was going on & that if it continued, I was going to end up at the hospital. My the time I got to the car, I had already soaked through that pad. I told Big Mister that I thought we needed to head on home, so I could get everything we didn't have with us in the car & then head to the hospital. By the time we got home, the newspaper I placed in the carseat to sit on & my sweats were both soaked through. As he got everything we needed together, I cleaned up a little more, called Labor & Delivery & they told me to come on in. 

We got to the hospital around 10:30 am & I got changed into the gown & got hooked up to the monitors & everything. The nurse used the paper stuff & instantly said my water had broken - no question about it. They admitted me & she checked my cervix. I was dilated to 5. Contractions WERE registering on their monitors, but I couldn't felel them. 

They got my IV in around noon, after a blown vein. She got the blood she needed to draw, but once she started flushing my veins for the IV, it started burning & she said she thought she blew the vein, so I got it in the crook of my arm. 

At around 1:2 they came back in to check my progress. I was still at a 5, but not much of a stretch to a 6. My heart rate was elevated, contractions 1-2 minutes apart, and very low sugar levels. They gave me apple juice. I was 80% effaced & at a -1 station. 

We walked, I used the birthing ball, I showered. Contractions were getting stronger but they weren't helping me progress anymore. I got a shot in the arm for pain, Stadol, that helped for about an hour, then BAM... the pain was absolutely unbearable. They checked me - I was at a 7. Finally progress @ 7:00 PM! I asked for the epidural. Got that put in around 7:30 PM & they started me on pitocin. 

Around 8:30, I think, they came in & took me OFF the pitocin because with every contraction, baby's heart rate would spike up really high. The epidural helped really well for about an hour. No feeling contractions!! I slept good until about 9:00 then I started having these really sharp pains in my right lower abdomen. I told my mom to go get the nurse because I was having a lot of pressure & they needed to check me. I was at a 9 with a little ring of cervix left. This continued until about 10:30ish. The nurse came back in to check me I was still the same but my body was pushing with out me trying to. Both of the OB's were in emergency c-sections & the pediatrician on duty was as well. The nurse ran & told the OB's that they had maybe 5 minutes to get to my room or she would be delivering a baby. At 6 minutes, the OB (not mine but the one who was actually on call) ran into the room & said, "Let's get this show on the road." She looked, Little Miss was crowning. I pushed twice & she said, "Give me your hand." She put my hand on the baby's head. Most amazing thing I've ever felt! With 3 more pushes, I had her head out & 1 more she was out. 

She was born at 10:45 PM weighing in at 7 lb 15.5 oz, 20 inches long, 13" head & 13 3/4" chest. 

She scored a 9 on the 5 minute APGAR, her first sugar reading was 34, they gave my mom a bottle of glucose water (after my grandparents had left & it was just Big Mister, My mom & I left in the room.) She is a pro at nursing. 

We are all completely in love!! The Little Mister's love their little sister to bits. Little Mister 2 is always saying how much he loves her & anything we leave the room, he goes to sit on the coffee table to watch her! If she even makes the slightest noise, he comes to tell us. 

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I hope you come back again soon to read more about my adventures in crocheting :)